ICC Cricket T20 Rankings
ICC T20 2012 Rankings
International T20 Rankings are based on complicated calculations. These calculations are made considering so many factors like points scored by the team, taking the advantage of the home ground, performance in multi-team tournaments etc.
In a one-off match, the figure achieved is equal to the rating of the opponent multiplied by 2 for a triumph, 1 for a tie or draw, and 0 for a defeat. In case of a series played between two teams, the calculation is more complex. The number of points achieved is normally equal to the rating of the opponent prior to playing the series multiplied by the series outcome points.
When calculating the International T20 Rankings, the home advantage is also taken into account. This is only evident in case of two-team series, not in one-off matches or tournaments. To get the figure, the formula can be written as p=r*(o+15). Here, p stands for points scored, r for result points gained and o is the rating of the opponent side. This calculation perhaps makes it clear how difficult it is to win a match in another country.
In multi-team series like tri-series and T20 World Cup, the calculation is different. In case of a triangular or quadrangular tournament, each match is considered as an individual game. However, if a team gets a triumph in the final match, the points gained should be equal to the rating of the opponent side multiplied by 4, and with a tie by 2. For example, if an imaginary Team A wins a tri series after participating in five matches including the final one, then a score of 6 should be added to the played column on the International T20 Rankings table.
The International T20 Rankings of a batsman depends on factors such as average run scored, strike rate and rate of recurrence of 50+ innings. Similarly, the bowlers are rated based on factors like wickets taken, economy rate and strike rate.
Performance in domestic and international T20 matches also plays a major role in deciding the rankings.
More info on Cricket Rankings
- » ICC Cricket Test Rankings
- » ICC Cricket ODI Rankings
- » ICC Cricket T20 Rankings
- » ICC Cricket Player Rankings
- » ICC Cricket Top ODI Batting Rankings
Related Cricket Top Stories
Related Cricket News
Related Cricket Articles
ICC World Twenty20
- » ICC T20 World Cup 2012 Groups
- » ICC T20 World Cup Records
- » ICC T20 World Cup Tournament
- » Impact on ICC T20 World Cup
- » ICC T20 World Cup Origins
- » ICC T20 World Cup New Qualifiers
- » ICC T20 World Cup Format and Rules
- » ICC T20 World Cup Umpires
- » ICC T20 World Cup Qualifiers
- » ICC T20 World Cup Logo and Mascot
- » ICC T20 World Cup News and Events
- » ICC T20 World Cup Teams
- » ICC T20 World Cup Tickets
- » ICC Events & Awards
- » ICC World T20 History