ICC Cricket Rankings / Ratings
ICC Cricket Rankings
The teams which are the members of International Cricket Council (ICC) are eligible to be included in the cricket rankings. An affiliate member can also be included in the cricket rankings if it gains 2 wins over complete ICC members two times in a year. A victory is also equivalent to 2 ties or bowl outs. If a team ties four times or twice in a year or seals a win against full members, it gets a promotion.
If a team after getting a promotion still remains at the bottom position after the subsequent full calendar year after the one in which it got promotion, then it is eliminated from the cricket rankings.
If a member team effectively avoids the wooden spoon (being at the last position) in the table for three successive years then they are promoted permanently.
The ranking of a team depends on the total number of points scored divided by the total number of matches and series played. The output is rounded to the adjacent whole number.
Points are calculated at the end of every match and series. The score depends on the consequence of the match, quality of opposition and advantage of home ground.
As the teams play a varied number of matches, points alone cannot decide the ranking of the teams. Hence, the number of the points is divided by the number of matches and series to get an accurate rating.
A rating of 100 is considered to be average. A rating more than 110 is treated as good. Similarly a rating is considered as excellent and phenomenal if the team scores above 120 or 130 respectively.
More info on Cricket Rankings
- » ICC Cricket Test Rankings
- » ICC Cricket ODI Rankings
- » ICC Cricket T20 Rankings
- » ICC Cricket Player Rankings
- » ICC Cricket Top ODI Batting Rankings
Related Cricket Top Stories
Related Cricket News
Related Cricket Articles
ICC World Twenty20
- » ICC T20 World Cup 2012 Groups
- » ICC T20 World Cup Records
- » ICC T20 World Cup Tournament
- » Impact on ICC T20 World Cup
- » ICC T20 World Cup Origins
- » ICC T20 World Cup New Qualifiers
- » ICC T20 World Cup Format and Rules
- » ICC T20 World Cup Umpires
- » ICC T20 World Cup Qualifiers
- » ICC T20 World Cup Logo and Mascot
- » ICC T20 World Cup News and Events
- » ICC T20 World Cup Teams
- » ICC T20 World Cup Tickets
- » ICC Events & Awards
- » ICC World T20 History